A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is
someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sparking the Spirit

So... If you are my one of my facebook friends you probably noticed (by the over abundance of incredibly cute pictures) that Landon and I made it to the pumpkin fest over the weekend!!However, for those of you who didn't have the preview here is a little sample. 

We left Nate behind this time to sleep (he is working the night shift), loaded up the car, and headed out toward the patches.  After about 45 min in the car (Luckily for me the moment the car creeps forward my little pumpkin hits the snooze button) we found ourselves parked in the middle of a field and headed up toward the fun. 


We walked along pumpkin paved roads, took pictures among giant pumpkins, picked out pumpkins for carving, sampled pumpkin treats (Yes... I tried the pumpkin brat), walked through pumpkin displays, and played with baby pumpkins. 


I mean have you ever seen a cuter pumpkin?


Although the festival provided lots of opportunities for fun I think I got the most enjoyment out of capturing my little man amongst the orange beasts.  He had a great time exploring and taking in all of the new sights and sounds.  I love making all of these memories with the little man and picking out pumpkins might have even sparked the fall spirit within!

Now... what to do this weekend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This weekend you should pack up a freezer box of all those pumpkin treats and send it home to your dear friends and family ;)
Cait

Mom Bird said...

Cute! Cute! Glad you got out to the pumpking patch, even though you had to do it without Nate! Landon is the cutest pumpkin in the patch! Maybe you can make some pumpkin treats when you are here....
Love you more! Mom

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!! Can't wait to get my hand on that cute little pumpkin!! Looking forward to seeing you! Always love your blogs!! I bet the fall colors are beautiful!!!
Love and God's blessings,
Sherr