A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is
someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”


Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pass the Pumpkin Please

Bet you didn't think I would really be back so soon now did you?  SURPRISE!! 

Now the question is....what is left to blog about. 

So far I have kept you up to date on our travel adventures, introduced you to German Holidays and interesting habits, let you in on some "funny" occurrences, graced you with a few pictures of my little love, invited you on Family vacations, and probably bored you with a few too many stories about my life..... and still you beg for more.  Therefore I am not held responsible for the quality of the post that is to follow.  After all my life has been more about burp rags and baby socks than spontaneous road trips lately, and although I am sure that some of you would LOVE to hear all about that, I am trying to keep this blog as it was originally intended, to let you in on our adventures while we are privileged to live so far from those we love!

Sooo... what is left to blog about?

Well, Fall is beginning to creap in here in Germany and nothing makes me miss NM more than the cool weather settling in.  I am definitely not ready to dust off the coats and fuzzy socks, but it seems as if I may have no choice.  Although the changing of the leaves and the settling of the mist on our village are beautiful they provide a promise of what is to come.  And lets just say that me and winter are not necessarily friends.

However, along with the weather comes the FESTIVALS!  Fall is definitely the time to take in the tastes of the country!  This weekend alone we have the tough choice of choosing between a pumpkin festival, apple festival, or wine festival (not to mention the kick off of Octoberfest)- all of which come along with their own unique options to tickle the taste buds.  I personally am voting for the pumpkin fest- mostly because I want to take pictures of my little Landon among the orange beasts- but also because they promise pumpkin bratwursts, pumpkin waffles, and pumpkin soup!  Now... if only I can convince Nate that it will be worth the 30 min. drive to pick out the perfect pumpkin for carving this year. 

So as we begin to pull out our scarves and button up sweaters I hope you are enjoying your last tidbits of summer weather.  And as you sit in your air conditioned house I hope you think of me... and posibly leave a comment of something you would like to hear more about :)

1 comment:

Mom Bird said...

Definitely want to hear more about the pumpkin bratwurst! Wow! You guys never run out of places to go and fun things to do....wish I could enjoy more of those things with you, but then....Nate might get tired of me!