A friend is a hand that is always holding yours, no matter how close or far apart you may be. A friend is
someone who is always there and will always, always care. A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.”


Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Running" a little late

Wow....It has been a WHILE hasn't it. 

The truth is that sometime (ok...most of the time) I can't think of anything worth blogging to the world about.  However, I have come to realize that sometimes everyday life can bring the most exciting adventures!  Not to mention that my mom needs one more thing to do today (aka...comment on my blog)! :) 

So, since I have talked to you last

Landon and I ran our first 5K.... I know to some it doesn't sound like much (after all it is ONLY a little over 3 miles), but I have NEVER been a runner so this is something that I am actually VERY proud of... although to be fair Landon did beat me (by about half a stroller length :P)  We are already planning our second attempt this weekend!

Landon started walking...and is now on to running :)  At about 10 1/2 months he took his first steps and by the time he turned 11 months he had walking mastered.  His favorite thing to do now is carry toys back and forth across the living room rug, a close second ...chasing the dogs back and forth across the living room rug!

As a result of all of the running (and a few months of hard work) I am down 10 pounds less than my pre-baby weight!!  That is a grand total of 15 pounds lost so far this year! 

Nate started a new (temporary) job!  He was offered a position to work in the office of the European commander...something that not very many people ever get the opportunity to do and he seems to love!  The job only lasts 7 months (at least that is all his old office was willing to let him go) so once September hits he should be back to his regular weather desk!

We hit and surpassed our 2 year mark which mean that at this point we have less than 10 months left overseas!  Something that I am very excited about however realize how much there is left to do before we leave.

But don't you worry, if our regular life sounds boring to you... I will be back to posting about our wonderful family adventures soon enough!  In the next few months we have trips planned to Vienna, Barcelona, the Alps, and back to Paris just to name a few!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber, congrats to you & Landon on your 5K! Now that you know you love to run....when's the 20K? Sometimes you learn about things you thought you'd never like as you age! (Let me tell you!!!) As for the blog; I for one love having history lessons taught this way! My own personalized class! Keep on writing about ANYTHING that's happening in your lives overseas; we all enjoy it so much! Love to all! Jan

Mom Bird said...

Won't be long and you'll be on US soil again....after you get lots of visitors, of course! Have fun with your next 5K. It may be harder to push Landon this time, since he has mastered walking and wants to be on the move! Take lots of pictures on your next adventures! Love you more! Mom

Anonymous said...

Always enjoy reading about your adventures!! Hope you all have a happy and Blessed Easter!!!
Lots of love and prayers..
John and Sherri